Reporting to: Head of Operations & Asst. Head of Operations
Salary: Based on experience
Holiday: 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Working hours: 48 hours minimum/week
Working days: a mixture of days and nights, 5 days out of 7 days, Monday to Sunday
As a key part of the on-site team at Pop Brixton Ltd you will be responsible for the day to day upkeep of the site, ensuring all our communal spaces are in excellent condition for the thousands of visitors that pass through our gates each day.
A welcoming host, you will be happy to get stuck into any task required, going the extra mile for visitors, members, clients and colleagues. You will be responsible for ensuring health & safety whilst on duty. The role also requires basic admin skills in order to complete and file daily checklists and reports and monitor supply ordering. Basic maintenance skills are required, allowing you to fix facility issues independently and assist external contractors on larger tasks.
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, the ideal candidate will have experience in the hospitality, event, festival or hotel industries. You will need excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to work alongside our internal team of maintenance, cleaning and events professionals.
This is a start-up environment, so you will have to have the ability to work independently, be proactive and be comfortable making decisions and communicating effectively. You must be self-organised and will produce work to a high standard with a good eye for detail. You enjoy working within a team as well as with others to make great things happen!
Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Day to day operations, ensuring the smooth running of the site
· Assisting with site maintenance and co-ordinating security and cleaning teams
· Ensuring Pop Brixton’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
· Maintaining high standards for Health & Safety
· Monitoring of cleanliness, security, footfall, music, lighting, temperature, customer behaviour and all other elements contributing to the atmosphere on site
· Being the main point of contact between the visitors, site staff, tenants and Pop Brixton team
· Daily reporting to the Head of Operations & Assistant Head Of Operations & Community Engagement Manager
· Liaising with local police, fire and environmental health organisations during site visits.
· Enforcing licencing objectives across multiple traders on site when on duty
· Acting as an ambassador and host for Pop Brixton
· Flexible to work any other duties needed
Skills & work experience
· 1+ years experience in hospitality, event, venue, festival or hotel industries
· Academic qualifications of GCSEs (or equivalent) or higher
· Competent in English, both written and spoken
· Administrative skills including knowledge of Google Drive, Microsoft applications, Outlook, Excel, Word, Docs, and Sheets, Teams, and Email
· An ability to remain polite but firm in the face of pressure to make special exceptions or allowances
· Demonstrable customer service skills and a desire to exceed customer expectation
· Confident and comfortable proactively dealing with the public and members with the aim of delivering excellent customer service.
Please send a cover letter of no more than 300 words and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: POP BRIXTON DUTY MANAGER
We will review all CVs before inviting those selected to an interview at Pop Brixton. We are aiming for 1 round of interviews, but there might be more depending on candidates.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.